(Use ‘Control + F’ to find forms by keywords)
How to Submit Graduate Student Forms for Signature and Processing
Progress in an academic program at UBC entails the production of numerous forms, many of which are sent on to Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies (G+PS) for processing. These forms include: requests for a waiver of a required course, requests for a leave, requests for an extension to time allowed for degree completion, doctoral exams forms, program of graduate studies forms, and so on. In ECPS, we have a responsibility to G+PS to perform an oversight function relative to these forms — to make sure that what people are asking for is possible and appropriate within the multitudinous exigencies posed by the University’s numerous policies and procedures. To perform that oversight function appropriately, we have a procedure for the submission of these forms.
Submit a complete, recent version of the form
- Take a look at the website where the form you need is available, and make sure to provide whatever paperwork needs to accompany the form, as well as securing the requisite signatures (e.g., research supervisor, or committee, or whomever).
Submit the form to the ECPS Graduate Office for signature, and if required, forwarding to Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies (G+PS)
- Submit all graduate student forms to the ECPS Graduate Program Assistants: Karen Yan (CNPS and MERM) or Alex Allen (HDLC, SPED, and SCPS).
- Forms cannot be submitted by email, or fax, as they always entail the inclusion of actual, and not virtual, signatures.
- Forms cannot be sent to the Director of Graduate Programs by campus mail, nor left in her/his mailbox. ECPS Graduate Program Assistants need to check the information on the form prior to its signature.
Pay attention to deadlines
- Make sure that you allow at least two weeks for a form to be signed.
- In the unlikely event of an emergency—where a form must be signed within an atypically abbreviated time-frame—please advise the Director of Graduate Programs (DGP) by email of the problem. The DGP will then be able to make sure that an appropriate signature is secured within the requisite time-frame.
Graduate Student Forms
- Change of Program Advisor/Supervisor Form Word / PDF
- CNPS 580 Directed Study Form Word / PDF
- Counselling Psychology (CNPS) Forms and Resources
- Course Waiver Form (ECPS Graduate Course Waiver Request)
- Directed Study Form (EPSE / CNPS 580) Word / PDF
- EPSE 580 Directed Study Form Word / PDF
- EPSE 590 Graduating Portfolio Registration Form PDF | Word
- EPSE 590 Statement of Focus Worksheet
- HDLC Ph.D. Comprehensive Exam Proposal and Approval Form
- Leave of Absence Request Form
- Peer Teaching Evaluation Form (PDF) (Word)
- PGS form (Program of Graduate Studies) – non-specific
- Ph.D. Comprehensive Exam Proposal and Approval Form (HDLC)
- Program Advisory Committee Form
- Research Evaluation Form – For Applicants to the Ph.D. Program in ECPS
- SPED Award Request
- School Psychology (SCPS) Forms and Resources
Quicklink Resources (ECPS)
- ECPS Policies & Procedures
- Key Request – Student Access Form (to be signed by supervisor)