Please note this is a third-party event not organized or sponsored by UBC and
UBC, therefore, makes no representations with respect to the event.
Trauma Informed Practice Training Level 1
Trauma and the Body
Workshop runs from 9:30 AM – 4 PM via Zoom. Register on Eventbrite:
- January 15, 2023: Registration
- February 12, 2023: Registration
- March 19, 2023: Registration
- April 16, 2023:Registration
- May 14, 2023: Registration
- June 18, 2023: Registration
- August 20, 2023: Registration
- September 24, 2023: Registration
- October 29, 2023: Registration
- November 26, 2023: Registration
This workshop will provide participants with tools, knowledge, and some expertise on how to assist clients with trauma and understand how trauma impacts the healing process. Research supports that knowledge of Trauma Informed Practice (TIP) is critical to helping clients move through barriers to healing. The Level 1 training includes how embodied emotion and trauma memory is stored in the body and ways it can be released. The workshop provides both didactic and experiential exercises to facilitate deeper integration of knowledge.
- Neurobiology of Trauma
- Polyvagal Theory
- Signs and Symptoms of Trauma
- Window of Tolerance
- Creating a Safe Space for Trauma Healing and Attunement
- Overview of Therapeutic Models consistent with Trauma Informed Practice •
Live Demonstrations of a Trauma Informed Somatic Approach
- Trauma Triggers and How to Release Core Beliefs
- Experiential Exercises for Working with Disconnected Clients
Anyone with an interest in Trauma Informed Practice, both professionally and personally, is invited to attend the training. This program is designed to assist individuals with no, little, or substantive expertise in the content area, as well as graduate students in relevant disciplines. Continuing Education Credits (Optional) This workshop is approved for 6 CE credits from the Canadian Psychological Association upon completion of the final quiz with a grade of at least 80% and declaration of full attendance.
CPA Disclaimer: “The Trauma Informed Practice Institute is approved by the Canadian Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Trauma Informed Practice Institute maintains responsibility for the program.
For further inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check out the 2023 Training PDF for LEVEL 2 and 3 information.