A series of workshops will be offered by the Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology and Special Education (ECPS) which will focus on providing those considering to become a GTA in the future, as well as new and returning GTAs, with tips on how to navigate teaching assistantships.
- Facilitating discussions both online and face to face (October 22, 2020)
- Provide effective feedback when grading (November 2020)
- Navigating Canvas as an instructor (ongoing)
- Create an online presence (November 2020)
- Engaging with difficult conversations (February 2021)
- Creating and maintaining a respectful and inclusive environment (March 2021)
Our First Workshop will be on Facilitating Discussions, and will be led by Cassandra Hesse and co-facilitated by Dr. Surita Jhangiani. Cassandra is a Ph.D student in HDLC, with over three years of GTA experience.
Date: October 22nd at 11 am -1pm
If you are interested in registering for the Facilitating Discussions workshop or any of the other workshops please e-mail Dr. Surita Jhangiani at: email@example.com. In the subject line please include TA Workshop. You will be e-mailed details about the workshop you are interested in as well as a zoom link.