M.Ed. in Counselling Psychology (Focus on Vocational Rehabilitation Counselling)
Start Date: July 2020
Length: 3 years, part-time
Location: Blended – 80% Online with Face-to-Face Clinical Training
Apply By: December 5th, 2019
Vocational Rehabilitation is defined as a specialized form of counselling that focuses on the psychosocial and vocational impact of neurological, physical, sensory, mental health, neuropsychological and pain-related disabilities and chronic illness.
The UBC Master of Education in Counselling Psychology: Vocational Rehabilitation Counselling offers an evidence-informed, state-of-the-art, interactive and engaging graduate program offered in a blended format: 80% online, and 20% face-to-face. There is an in-person orientation and two in-person 3-week courses over the span of the program.
Clinical training is also face-to-face and it can be provided at UBC-affiliated sites for BC students and closer to home for students outside of BC. All other courses are online.
• Spans both counselling and medicine
• Addresses both psychosocial issues and circumstances that affect people’s lives
• Enhances employment prospects post-graduation
• Can work in hospitals, agencies, insurance companies, medical-legal, private practice
• Prepares graduates for a number of post-graduation professional licensing options including Registered Clinical Counsellor and Canadian Vocational Rehabilitation Professional
• The Program is Accredited by the Canadian Counselling Association as a specialty program within UBC Counselling Psychology Program.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselling – The Program: Dr. Izabela Schultz speaks about the master’s degree program.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselling – Applicants: Dr. Izabela Schultz shares about who should apply for this program and how you can strengthen your application.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselling – Job Opportunities: A talk on the job opportunities currently available for graduates of this program.
- MVRC Information Session: A recorded information session for this program