Are you planning to place material on course reserve for your summer session 2022 classes?
CHECK OUT LOCR – UBC LIBRARY’S ONLINE COURSE RESERVE SYSTEM
LOCR offers you:
- Create a single list with all your course materials for your students
- Easily add books, media resources, articles, and web links
- Request PDFs of print materials or upload your own
- Get a hyperlink to your reading materials list
- Reuse readings in future terms in a single step
- Get assistance with copyright compliance
If you would like to put items on Course Reserve, you have 2 options
1) Self-Serve: To place requests yourself: Log in to LOCR (courses.library.ubc.ca) using your CWL, select your course, click on add reserve items, and start adding your requests. (Print reserves can have loan periods of 2 hours, 1 day or 3 days.)
If you have used LOCR in the past, you need to activate your reading list each time you teach a course by using the import function.
Processing Times: Books can take 2-3 weeks to be placed on short term loan if we have the book, Ordering and cataloging new books can take 2-8 weeks or more; Articles, PDFs and web pages are processed/approval obtained by our Copyright and Permissions Unit and can take up to 6 weeks depending on publisher
If you need any further assistance, please contact the Library Reserve Unit via firstname.lastname@example.org