HDLC Policies & Principles

Policies for Students

Course equivalence

If a student, with the approval of their supervisor, proposes to take an alternative course instead of one of the required HDLC courses, the student must contact an HDLC faculty member who is primarily responsible for teaching the required course in question. The student will need to provide the HDLC course instructor with a copy of the syllabus for the proposed equivalent course, or a detailed overview of the course should a syllabus not be available. If the course instructor deems the proposed course to be equivalent, the student will need to have his/her PGS form updated to reflect the change and both the course instructor and the Director of Graduate Programs will need to sign it, confirming that the course was determined to be equivalent.

Principles for Faculty

*This is a CWL password protected site for faculty members.  Login to Connect to view more.