An initial application must include:
- Online Application
- Two original academic transcripts issued directly from each university or college attended (Please note: Graduates from UBC applying to the Counselling Psychology program are still required to submit one copy of their UBC transcript.)
- We require three references to be submitted electronically. When you submit your application, include the referee’s email address. This will generate an automatic email which contains a link to a site where your referee can enter his/her reference, and then submit it. They can type as much as they want, despite the apparent size of the text box. This link will only be available when your application is submitted. We will not accept references by mail. We prefer these letters to be written by employers, supervisors, or university professors who know the candidate well regarding his/her past performance and academic ability, and who can comment on the applicant’s personal integrity and suitability for the counselling profession. (Please note: more than 3 letters of reference will not be accepted by the Admissions Committee).
- A hard copy of the CNPS Supplementary Application Form for both MA and MEd applications
Master’s applicants must also submit (MA only)
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score for the general test (subject tests are not required)
- * Each MA & MEd applicant should only submit the required documents for their application, additional documents cannot be added to the application file.
Doctoral program applicants are also required to submit:
- A 1/2 hour audio visual digital MP4 format recording (submitted via DVD or saved as a video file on a CD-R disk) demonstrating their counselling skills
- Graduate Record Examination (general) test score
- A hard copy of the CNPS Supplementary Application Form (PhD)
Re-applicants* must submit the following:
- Online Application
- One updated letter of reference (Please note: more than one updated letter of reference will not be accepted by the Admissions Committee. (Please enter all information for your new referee in your application with the email address. Please enter the two referees from your previous application without email address.
- Original transcripts (only if additional coursework has been completed)
- Any academic or professional changes since the last application should be addressed in the applicant’s Letter of Intent within their online application
- New CNPS Supplementary Application Form
* Applications are held for one year.
* Each re-applicant should only submit the required documents for their re-application, additional documents cannot be added to the application file.