Review the list of approved 362 equivalency courses.
Whether or not the course your completed is on our equivalency list you must submit the following:
- a cover letter requesting a formal equivalency review, clearly outlining your case for equivalency, and indicating contact details where you can be reached to inform you of a decision once your case has been adjudicated
- a complete copy of the course outline, a calendar description is not sufficient (required only if the course you have taken is not on our list of equivalent courses)
- a copy of your academic transcript indicating a minimum of a second class standing on the course for which you are requesting equivalence
- a 20 minute, unedited audio-visual mock counselling session (DVD or USB flash drive format ONLY) demonstrating your ability to:
- respond empathically to the client’s concerns, and
- facilitate the client’s self exploration and understanding
* NOTE: Recordings must be in English
- a copy of this informed consent form, signed by the interviewee, indicating that she or he consents to having the tape viewed by members of the Department for the purpose of determining course equivalency
When submitting a package for equivalency review please follow the following procedures:
- Materials to be reviewed for equivalency must be sent via registered mail or courier. Electronic copies will not be accepted. The package should be sent to the attention of:
Dr. William Borgen, CNPS 362 Coordinator (beginning July 1st, 2018)
Educational & Counselling Psychology, and Special Education (ECPS)
University of British Columbia
2125 Main Mall, Vancouver, B.C., V6T 1Z4
- If you wish to have your DVD disk or USB flash drive returned you must include a pre‐paid, self addressed postal courier package, and explicitly request this in your cover letter. Otherwise, it will be assumed that you are giving us permission to erase and dispose of the DVD disk or USB flash drive after adjudication.
** If the course for which you are hoping to receive equivalency for CNPS 362 does not appear on our equivalency list, it will be useful for you to first contact Dr. William Borgen about the course in question, before preparing and submitting the package of materials for equivalency review.