The Peer Advisors collaborate to provide department-wide support, but are identified to program-area students as peer advisors in the specific program area. They provide very important support for new and continuing students, as well as students who are considering application to the Departmental Graduate Programs.
The Peer Advisors provide valuable support to new and ongoing students, as well as provide information that supplements other available sources. They help to organize departmental colloquia, speakers and social events, as well as providing a mechanism for communication of student issues to department faculty and administration.
To assist the Chair of the Counselling Psychology (CNPS) Admissions Committee and its members by performing the following tasks under the supervision of the Committee Chair and Graduate Program Assistant:
· Responding to emails and telephone inquiries of potential applicants
· Establishing regular (weekly) appointment times for meeting applicants
· Updating current information of admissions criteria (website)
· Updating the equivalencies list of pre‐ requisite courses
· Assist with group information sessions
· Assist with vetting equivalency requests of pre‐requisite courses
Time commitment and pay
This Graduate Academic Assistant position is a 5 hour/week commitment from September 01, 2018 to April 30, 2019 with a stipend of $4,000 (for a doctoral level student) or $3,880 (for a master’s level student).
To apply, please send your cover letter and current CV to: email@example.com no later than Sunday, 12 August, 2018.
Applications should include the current CV and a letter indicating why you are interested in the position and what you feel you have to contribute to the Department.